Savana Elise Grant was born June 11, 2008. She was 6 lbs 10 oz. Just a little peanut of a baby. Canon apparently thought she looked like she could use some food, as he is trying to feed her a piece of lettuce.
The delivery went very well and very quickly. I woke up at 5:30 a.m. with contractions. We left for the hospital at about 10:30 a.m. when my contractions were about 5 minutes apart. Just before we reached the hospital they slowed down to about 8 minutes apart. I was afraid of them sending me home so we drove around Seth's old neighborhood for about 20 minutes. Then my contractions jumped to about 3 or 4 minutes apart. We decided we had better get to the hospital quick. We checked in at 12:05 p.m. and Savana was born at 12:58 p.m.
Canon is adjusting to life with a sibling. He brought the teddy bear that has been in his crib and put it in Savana's crib. I wish I could say that all his actions toward her were that loving, but we are working on it. He fortunately hasn't had to deal too much with her yet just because she mostly sleeps during the day, but it is an adjustment none the less.
3 comments:
Heidi & Seth,
Savana is just beautiful, Congratulations!! Thanks for sharing your blog with us!! It will be so fun to check up on you once in a while.
CONGRATS!! She is a cutie and I love her name. I'm glad that everything went well and that you weren't moving in the middle of having a baby. Hope everything goes well for you in the next little while. My blog is mossmonkeys.blogspot.com
I havent' updated in a month or so, but it is my goal this week :)
-Lisa
Heidi,
Congratulations! She is so cute! My guess is that you didn't have time for an epidural-- so good job. I'll try to stop by sometime without my kids and see her before you leave. What happened with the house? It was so fun to see you the other day.
Amy
Post a Comment