Friday, February 12, 2010

The "Caged" Frog



I was doing something on the computer last night, probably checking e-mail or Facebook :) when Canon brought me his "caged" frog. "I just like caging my frog" he said. Wow, that frog is going NO WHERE! It was so sad to see that sweet little, soft floppy frog shackled by those wrenches. And then the rope job that tied those wrenches to the barn! Only a picture could even begin to show his work of art. I asked him to put it on the kitchen table so I could take a picture. Seth wasn't home, and I didn't want him to miss this, in case it was disassembled by the time he got home. As soon as he had him put it on the table he proceeded to tie what was left of the rope to the table. Poor Froggy. Not sure what he did to earn this treatment. But he was obviously forgiven by this morning, because he was loosed and put in the back pack for our morning errands. Canon is so funny with that rope. It is one of his favorite toys. It is everything from his fishing pole to a tow rope to his "caging" tool as illustrated above. I hope this isn't a sign of things to come for Savana. Speaking of Savana, she is finally walking!! She finally took steps to me during the Super Bowl and has been practicing here and there all week. She can walk for as long as she wants without falling usually, but we are still working on getting her in the habit of walking. We are so happy that she will at least walk, as long as you make it more of a game than something we want her to do. I'm going to try and upload video of her walking if I can figure it out.

2 comments:

LuAnn said...

That is hilarious. I remember him being obsessed with that rope. I had a rope out for my lego bag and when Simon saw it he giggled and said "I love this thing." But I didn't keep it out. Maybe I should get some rope for him. He keeps tying himself up with my knitting yarn (only once was it yarn attached to a work in progress) and saying, "I'm all tied up." Gotta get a rope!

Robyn said...

Love it!! I am surprised he was able to undo it by himself! Should I be worried by sisters let their kids play with ropes!!