This is the story of our family. We started in Michigan where Seth started living his dream of working for an automaker. Heidi was ready to be living in the west and closer to family - so we ended up in Arizona where Seth can be around cars and Heidi can be around family. Welcome to our site . . .
Sunday, July 17, 2011
The First of Many
Today Canon gave his first talk in Primary. He was so excited all week. When I told him we needed to write his talk, he told me that he wanted to do it all by himself. I knew there was no way he was going to practice enough to memorize the whole thing, so I translated it into pictures. I have to say - it was a masterpiece. We've been practicing a couple times a day since Thursday and today was the big day. He got up and gave his talk with a lot of enthusiasm in his voice. As we neared the end of his talk his face was getting really red and he was squirming like he had to go to the bathroom. I finally just asked him and he got down and went to the bathroom. Seth told me I should have just let him finish, but I thought having an accident would have been a lot worse than an unfinished talk. When he came back he asked if he was going to get to finish. The wonderful Primary President let him get back up after they did singing time. He got back up on the podium. Wouldn't start until the microphone was on and said "Sorry I was late" and proceeded to finish his talk. I really wish I could have video'd the talk. But it does make me curious to see what he will do with his life. What ever it will be, he will do it with confidence!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That is hilarious! Good job! I wish I could have seen it. Ashton just gave his first talk too! What cute little boys they are. Thanks for the story!
Post a Comment