Thursday, October 20, 2011

Finally an Update

I can't believe I haven't posted anything since Canon's first day of school!  He certainly is changing.  Lauren is nearly 6 months so I need to hurry and post her 5 month pictures!  And Savana, I think, has adjusted to her new life as the oldest child at home during the day.

Showing her tongue.  It is usually poking out a lot more than this!
First Lauren.  She is of course getting to be more fun and cute.  She is pretty easy going, but I can tell she is not going to just sit back and wait for things to happen.  She rolls from her back to her tummy but hasn't figured out how to get back to her back.  She does move though.  I will lay her down on the floor and then come back ten minutes later and she is across the floor and upside down from her original position.  Not really sure what she does to get there - but she is moving.  It is kind of funny having her do all these things just because Savana truly didn't move anywhere.  She has also discovered her tongue.  It is almost always sticking out of her mouth.

Savana's favorite place at Three Cedars Farm - the corn box.

Making angels in the corn box at the Three Cedars Farm
Now for Savana.  She always says she misses Canon when we walk him to the bus, but I think she also enjoys being "queen" of the house.  She starts to call me "Heidi" and "sister mommy."   I guess she thinks of this time without Canon as "Sister" time and I get to be one of the sisters.  It is kind of different gearing our activities toward Savana rather than Canon.  We have started to make our annual tour of the apple orchards and it seemed kind of wrong to go without him at first.  But we are having fun.

Now for Canon.  I think he really likes school.  In true boy fashion, he won't really tell us what he does for the 8 hours he is gone, but I have seen changes.  First of all, he all of a sudden loves to color.  I couldn't get him to leave Primary the other day because he wanted to finish coloring.  He used to do about two scribbles and be done with his pictures.  Now they all come back completely filled in.  We also went to a restaurant the other day and the hostess grabbed crayons and a coloring sheet and he said "Yeah - I love to color!"  I wanted to check to make sure he really was our Canon - but I guess he is allowed to change, especially for the better :)  One last Canon story and then I will be done.  The other morning he was looking for his shoes.  Canon has a REALLY hard time finding things.  They can be right under his feet and he can't find it.  I went and stood in his door way and told him to put on his shoes.  He said he couldn't find them.  I could see them about 18 inches from his feet, and told him I could see them so he should just keep looking.  Of course his floor was filled with toys, but they were still where he could see them.  I left to finish getting Savana ready and came back to see him standing on a chair in the door way where I was standing when I told him I could see them.  His plan worked and he found his shoes!  I thought it was pretty smart of him to put himself exactly where I was.

Anyway - that is all for now!  Now we are off to go shopping.  One thing that has become a lot easier while Canon is in school!  :)

1 comment:

Haley said...

Love the pictures. Savana is a miniature of you! So cute. I love the Canon stories. Keep them coming. When's your next trek to Utah?? :)