Thursday, August 8, 2013

A faithful prayer

This post is a little more personal than most posts I do.  Just warning you.  I have been trying to decide where I want to write more personal experiences with my kids.  But I decided that right here is just fine.  It's not like I have a huge following, and I know those that do visit our blog are friends and family :)  So here it is. Friday night I could not sleep for some reason.  I didn't even have anything weighing on my mind.  I tried everything I knew to try and fall asleep.  Listening to music, relaxing oils and finally I took some Melatonin.  That was a big mistake.  Mostly because I took it at 4 in the morning, so I didn't have 8 hours for it to work through my system. In the morning when it was time to get up with kids I had a huge headache and felt so groggy.  Almost what I imagine a hangover would feel like.  By 10:30 a.m. I felt like I wanted to give in and just go sleep the rest of the day.  For several obvious and not so obvious reasons, a nap didn't happen.  And I was very grumpy.  My family knew it.  My sweet little Savana came and gave me several hugs and kisses in an effort to help me feel better.  And Canon and Lauren followed suite.  They made me very happy, but I still felt horrible.  After a little while Savana came very confidently walking down the stairs and said and she walked, "Mom, I went and said a prayer and asked Heavenly Father how I could help you be happy, and he told me to just come and smile for you and give you hugs."  Oh my sweet Savana.  Her smiles could make anyone smile.  But the thing that made my heart melt was the fact that she had thought to go say a prayer.  And that she was so confident about her answer.  It just made me think, I wonder what kind of answer she did get.  Little children have so much faith, and can be so close to Heavenly Father, that I have no doubt she received a very special answer.  I hope she remembers her experience and that it builds her testimony of the love her Heavenly Father has for her.

No comments: