 |
| Gilbert Arizona Temple |
 |
| Canon's Journal |
 |
| Savana's Journal |
 |
Stained Glass Window from the Temple.
There were many - and they were so pretty! |
.jpg) |
| My Three Angels |
On February 8th, we had the chance to take our kids to the Arizona Gilbert Temple Open House. We got there and the line was pretty long. The kids were running everywhere on the lawn of the chapel while we waited in almost hot weather. I admit I was also a little nervous and stressed because we had a family coming with us that weren't members. So when the line was long, and the kids were restless, and then we had to wait again, and then wait in another line, I admit, I enjoyed seeing the temple, but I didn't feel the peace of the temple. I was too worried about my guests with their 5 year old and two year old twins who were freaking out about having to put big weird plastic things on their feet. The dad and the 5 year old almost didn't come after they had gotten that far because she didn't want the slippers on her feet. But we made it through and I took small opportunities to give brief explanations of the rooms, even though we were all chasing children. Then we got outside to the waterfalls and gardens and I was again trying to make sure I knew were all my kids were at the same time. But Canon was kind of peacefully walking around, and even asked me if the waterfalls had any symbolic meaning. He told me that he had felt the Spirit in the Temple.
The next day, Sunday, Canon said he wanted to have a family MTC. It was idea we had read about in the Friend. So we started off with journal writing. I was so happy that the temple had such in impact on Canon and was eager for him to write it down. Both his and Savana's journal papers are posted above. I am so amazed that he has learned to recognize the feelings of the Holy Ghost at such a young age.
Tonight we had Family Home Evening. Canon taught it. Has has wanted to be in charge of Family Home Evening ever since we went to the Temple. His lesson was about doing what Jesus would want us to do. Then when we was upstairs getting into bed he brought a Book of Mormon to me and asked if he could read it. So for his story time he read to me the first page of the first Nephi. Besides the fact that I was so excited with how well he read since that is something we have been working very hard to improve, I really felt the Spirit while he was reading. After we were done reading he ran to get something before getting into bed again. And as he came back into his room he said "Mom, I felt it again. I felt the Holy Ghost while reading the scriptures." What a good kid. It just makes me realize how important it is for us as parents to continue to provide opportunities for him to feel the Spirit.
No comments:
Post a Comment