Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Still Cute

All the kids have now been in school for two weeks.  Canon is in 5th, Savana 3rd and Lauren in now a kindergartner.  Lauren is adjusting, but definitely seems to be going through something.  We're calling it 5 year old puberty, teething, or anything else to try and remind ourselves just to push through it.  But even though she is moody, she still is her funny sassy self.  I wanted to record some of her funny little moments.

Olympic Diving - The Rio 2016 Olympics are going right now.  I've had the games on when the kids come home from school and we've watched it on and off.  Canon and Savana are more excited about it than Lauren.  She just seems them as keep her from watching My Little Pony or some other show she would rather be watching.  As we were watching men's synchronized diving, she asked in her snarky little way - Why doing they just do a cannonball?

Sweaty Mom - Last week Lauren and I were talking about how Wednesday had been a short day, but now it was Thursday so she was going to be gone all day again.  I think she must have been concerned that I was going to miss her on this "long" day.  She told me that I could just come lay on her bed while she was gong.  But "don't get it sweaty" she warned me.  

Ugly Shoes - Just on Sunday as I was trying to get the kids ready for church she was having a melt down because I was making her wear "ugly shoes" to church.  They are just some black Mary Jane style shoes from Savana.  They aren't super stylish, but definitely not ugly!  This girl is my fashionista.  

Angel in Training - Savana and Lauren can get along really well.  But Lauren is a tease and can definitely push Savana to her limits.  As I was tucking Lauren into bed after they had had an argument, she said, "Mom, I'm still practicing to be an angel."  We all are Lauren!!!    

No comments: