Monday, March 2, 2009

Oh what do you do in the Winter time . . . when everything is frozen.

OK, It 11:00 a.m. on March 2nd. I just checked the weather and the current temperature is 11 degrees!!!! I thought I was done with weather in the teens. So, to keep my self from crying, I have decided to write about the great things there are to do when it is cold. The problem is, when it is this cold, I don't even want to go outside to get into the car! But I will deal with that later. I've posted some pictures of the Ice Festival we went to at the end of January. It was about 10 degrees that day too. Only, I think the high was 10 degrees that day, today it is supposed to reach 18 degrees. Yeah, I agree, what is the difference!!
OK, now for the positive. Our area here in Michigan has the best libraries ever! We went to a new one on Friday. It was GREAT. There several different kinds of play areas for the kids, a playhouse with a table, chairs and play food, a Thomas the Train table, letter magnets on the wall, huge shelves of puzzles, computers with all kinds of learning games on them and of course a zillion kids books. The kids section of this library is bigger than the entire Bountiful Library. The worst part of our library trip was getting Canon to leave when it was time. To be honest, I didn't blame him. Usually I am ready to leave a play place that I am at with him, but I could have stayed longer.
Other things we do when it is cold? The mall has an indoor play place so we have been there to meet people several times. There is also a pet store there, so we usually hit both adventures in that trip. There is a really nice indoor pool here at our complex, but Canon has for some reason decided that he doesn't like wearing swim diapers. So we haven't been there recently. But LuAnn has made a reservation at a hotel near by in a couple of weeks from now, that has an indoor swim park. We are excited to crash her party over there for a couple of days. Indoor swim parks are kind of a big thing at hotels around here.
The last picture is of Canon in our indoor rice box. He wanted to continue playing with his dump trucks and loaders after it was too cold for the sand box so we made a rice box instead. It has been great. We have to vacuum rice up every couple of weeks, but it is worth the little bit of rice on the carpet.
Ok, I think I feel a little better.

2 comments:

LuAnn said...

The rice is a great idea. I am sure I could trust Simon with it, but I'm sure I couldn't trust his friends. Since he doesn't know what a sandbox is I think I'll pass. I'm excited for the water park!

Haley and James said...

Heidi, I feel better too. So I probably shouldn't mention that we REALLY missed Canon today at Ashton's little b-day party at the park in 65 degree weather. Don't worry though, it's supposed to snow the rest of the week. I do sympathize though...11 degrees??