I always wish I could get inside kids' heads, and see what they are really thinking. Canon has been just randomly saying things lately, and I can tell he is trying to figure this world out. The first topic that he has been asking a lot of questions about is Heaven, Jesus and Heavenly Father. It's kind of a difficult thing to explain to a 4 year old. Here are blips of some of our conversations:
Topic #1: As we were saying prayers the other day, Canon asked who Jesus was.
Me: He made the earth and helped make us
Canon: Does he have a wand? Does he have power? Can he fly? Does he have wings? Is he a fairy?
Topic #2: We were standing in line a CVS pharmacy this past week and he randomly asked about prayer.
Canon: Mom, does Heavenly Father and Jesus have a phone? They don't have a phone do they. Do they need a phone? I can give them a phone . . . I can give them a Handy Manny or Disney phone.
Topic #3: This was this morning while laying in bed telling Canon that Savana was still asleep because she is sick. We keep telling Canon to keep his fingers out of his mouth so he won't get sick. So naturally he started to ask how Savana got sick.
Canon: Mom, what is a germ? Me: It's like a little tiny tiny bug. Canon: Is it green? Did it crawl inside baby sister? I can get it out. Maybe a rope or clapper tool can help.
4 comments:
Lol. I have an image of him going after the little bug with a clapper tool. :)
Oh and the deleted comment was me cause I accidently commented as Jeff.
Heidi, I know what you mean! It seems like they turn 4 and suddenly the questions actually require real brain power! It's more challenging but it keeps me on my toes. Love the update!
Post a Comment