Sunday, August 29, 2010

Butterflies, Nets and Cars

Canon is on a bug catch mission.  I don't think a day has gone by this month without a backyard safari.  It was only intensified after I checked out a DVD from the library that featured a backyard bug hunt.  I actually highly recommend the DVD.  Smithsonian Kids Critter Quest.  Anyway, he was given a butterfly net, which thankfully he hasn't been successful with even though we have a ton of butterflies, and has a plenty of jars full of leaves and rocks to aid in his quest for bugs.  Mostly he catches ants and pill bugs (potato bugs, rolly pollies - whatever you like to call them.)  He asked almost every day if we can go on a walk around the neighborhood (an adventure, as he calls it) to find more bugs.  So this past week we went on a walk and Savana happened to be wearing her little butterfly wings.  It was just such a cute little pair - Canon and his butterfly net and Savana and her wings, I couldn't help but want to take a picture.  Well, if anyone has kids as cooperative as mine when it comes to taking pictures, you know how it is.  I got what I did after bribing with cookies.  Still not what I wanted, but still captured the memories - right?



 Our other fun outing of the week was when a co-worker of Seth's begged him to let her use his Cube in exchange for her Infinity G37 convertible.  After about .5 seconds of thinking about it he called me and had me bring to Cube to work for the trade.  That night we took a little drive and went for ice cream.  The kids loved it!  What's not to love - ice cream, a convertible and a warm summer night

3 comments:

Heidi said...

From Nana Lou:

Lucky for all of you! I wish I had a cube that someone with a fancy convertible wanted to trade me for the night. How fun. The pictures of the children are so cute. It was fun having you all here. Wish it could happen more often, though. Don't know yet when we might be able to come for a visit. if you can stand to have us again. Sounds like they are having fun catching bugs and trying to catch butterflies. You are amazing with your Blog. We certainly do enjoy looking at it. Thanks for all your hard work to keep it coming.
Love to each one of you,
Gramps & Nana/Dad & Mom

maryp said...

that is a SWEET car! The kids look adorable. Looks like you are having fun! We miss you!

Haley and James said...

I love the butterfly net pics. Hilarious! Savana is so cute. And the car was pretty sweet too!