


Wow - I haven't updated in almost two months. That is horrible! I'll let myself off the hook a little because we were gone for all of July. But now we are back, so I need to get back at it. This week was a super fun week. It started Monday morning when we got to get up and go watch the elephants set up the circus tent. That night we went to the circus. It was actually a really good show. It is amazing what people make their living doing. It brought to life what it means to join the circus. I thought about those poor people traveling 9 months of the year, a different city every day. Then I thought about the moms of those circus performing girls. I loved the show, but hope my kids are never part of one. Anyway - Tuesday and Wednesday we went to a couple of lakes around here. I think the kids could spend all day in the lakes if I would let them. They will have that chance at the end of August when we go spend Labor Day weekend at one of the Great Lakes.
Thursday we went on a MOMS club activity to a lollipop store. "Oh My Lolli" is a cute little store in Brighton that makes lollipops and hard candy. They did a batch right in front of us and then the kids got to eat a lollipop from that batch. Then we headed over to a park right next door. The store hides tokens at the part for lollipops everyday. We didn't find any - I think they were all found by the time we got there - but had fun at the park anyway.
Friday we had an appointment for Savana's two year check-up (yes, a little late). I was getting ready and could hear Canon out side yelling. He is always outside making a lot of noise, so I didn't really think anything of it. I went out to get in the car, and he had a water stand set up in the drive way. He had brought his little table from the back yard, a picture of water and some cups from the kitchen. He was outside yelling in his best salesman voice "Water - 55 cents." It was hilarious. I had to turn around and come inside to giggle for a minute. The kids in our neighborhood have been doing lemonade stands a lot lately. It's certainly been hot enough! I thought it was too cute!
Well, that is our week. We miss all you guys in Utah. But we are doing our best to enjoy every last minute of summer while it lasts.
1 comment:
Heidi,
So fun to see you guys! I'm glad you survived the drive back and you're enjoying some hot weather. Wish we could buy some water...
Post a Comment