 |
| March Rain - they were actually outside putting out fires, according to Canon. Savana is just happy to join in whatever project is going on. |
The snow has started to melt - again - and we have been having a lot of rain lately instead of snow. I like rainy days a lot more than snowy ones, because the kids can at least go outside. But I'm just starting to remember and realize what else that means. Messes! Inside the house AND now out. I've been trying to decide how much mess I'm required to endure in the name of boyhood, pretend play and fostering creativity. I'm about at my limit! Today we have Legos scattered all over the house (dinosaur bones), bottles filled with water on the table that Canon brought IN from the recycling bin (attempting to make a musical instrument), couch cushions piled all on one couch (a mole hole), mud all over the drive way and a large dead branch, taller than the garage sticking out of the ground (Canon planting a tree) not to mention our muddy car because Canon CANNOT go outside to get into the car without a detour through the mud, and a glittery floor from yesterdays attempt at an art project (how do you get mad when he says he was trying to make you something). Some other recent messes have also included dirt from the indoor plant on the floor (Canon trying to see if the roots were healthy, thank you "Cat in the Hat"), and a constant string of rope around the banisters that have been any thing from pulleys hauling chairs up the wall (yes it left a mark) to spider webs. When I ask him not to do what ever recent mess he has just made he says "But Mom, I'm digging for Dinosaur Bones" or "I'm checking to see if the plant is healthy" or "I'm planting a tree" in such away that I feel as if I've just asked the President of the United States not to be president. Yesterday I asked him if he was done playing outside. "I'm not playing! I'm planting a tree and chasing out the moles." "I'm sorry, are you done BEING outside" I rephrased.
2 comments:
very cute! But that is easy for me to say. I am not the one cleaning it all up!
That's hilarious! I totally know what you mean. How much rope do I give him? ha ha Good times!
Post a Comment