Saturday, February 26, 2011

Happy Green Day!

I was going to write a short post last week with just some kid moments that I wanted to remember.  Then I didn't think I had enough to write, so I was going to wait - and now I've forgotten half of what I was going to write.  So here is a post to journal a couple of kid moments and get January off as the last time I posted. 

Canon is very excited about the baby coming.  I think partly because it means it is his birthday too, but I think he is excited to see the little baby that he feels moving in my stomach.  When I snuggle him at night, he likes to feel the baby move with his hand.  And this is a very wiggly baby, especially when I first lay down.  It seems they have gotten progressively more wiggly.  The other night he scooted down so he was at face level with my pregnant belly and sang "Rock A Bye Baby" - which by the way, I've decided is a very odd song.  How can it be comforting to be swinging high in a tree and then have the branch break and the baby fall???  Just because we sing in a sweet voice - it's a lullaby?  Weird - I need to look it up.  Anyway - the other cute thing that Canon has been doing is wishing me "Happy Green Day" and making me Valentines.  We talked about how Valentines Day was over and he asked what was next.  I told him about St. Patrick's Day and that we all wear green on that day.  I guess green was all he could remember, so it is now "Green Day" here.  So  "Happy Green Day" everyone!

1 comment:

Haley and James said...

Cute blog! Happy Green Day! And only 60 days to go!!! I think have 115 days...oh that seems so long! Katie is down to I think 35 days so you guys are on the final descent...good luck!