Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Canon's First Day of School

Wow - It came!  Canon's first day of school.  All summer we have been telling Canon that he would go to school in the fall.  Yesterday he kept asking if it was the fall, because we said it was time to go to school.  This morning he woke up and was a little concerned that the leaves hadn't fallen off the trees or turned colors.  I assured him that it was a slow process, but that it was still time to go to school.  He smiled.  He was so excited and did absolutely everything he was supposed to so quickly!  Seth and I walked him out to the bus.  It finally came (8:40 a.m.) and the rest of the kids walked across the street to get on.  "Ok Canon, you can go get on"  He hesitated.  He wasn't sure if he was supposed to follow them.  We told him again that it was OK to go.  After assuring him a few times that he could go, he finally walked across and got on the bus.  I guess maybe he couldn't believe that it was finally his turn to go with the big kids that he has been watching all summer.  He was so cute.  I am so excited for him.  It will be a long day (he get's off the bus at 4:30 p.m.) - but I know he will love it and take care of himself.
 So here is Canon getting off the bus.  He was all smiles.  I asked if he was ready to do it all again tomorrow - and he said "YES!"  They actually didn't get home until almost 5:00 p.m. - long day!  We tried to find out what they did for 7 hours at school and all we got was that they played with some play dough, went to recess twice, ate lunch (he got chocolate milk) and that he met a girl named Emma.  Not sure that would actually take up 7 hours - but I guess that is as good as we are going to get.  I was just happy to see that he somehow made it from the bus I put him on, into the school and back out again.

1 comment:

Haley and James said...

Awww! Our friend Canon is going to school! So crazy. I can't believe he's gone that long! Ashton's only gone 2.5 hours and it seems long! :) So glad he's enjoying it.