Thursday, June 21, 2012

Trek West






We made our "Trek West" over Memorial Day weekend.  I don't think I have written about it yet - but we are moving from Michigan to Arizona.  Seth will still work for Nissan and be involved in cars and I will be in the west and closer to family.  Seth has been in Arizona since the beginning of May and the rest of us stayed behind to sell the house and keep Canon busy in school.  School hadn't quite ended, but we decided Memorial Day weekend was a good time to make the long drive.   It was a long 28 or so hours.  We tried to break it up by stopping to see our friends the Martinezs in Peoria Illinois, and then stopping in Nauvoo - but it didn't seem to help much.  It was still long. 

The diversion was fun though.  In Old Nauvoo they had lots of "houses" you could stop in and see demonstrations of things the pioneers had to do and make on their own.  Pretty amazing really.  I think the kids' favorite stop was the rope making.  Something about ropes - kids love them.  Savana has been using hers to tie up her toy animals and Canon can always make use of a rope, in any activity he is involved in. 

No comments: