Christmas is an interesting holiday. It is festive, and fun. But so much work. It seems every year, the beginning of December comes and I'm not quite ready for the decorating, the buying presents, the parties, and the traveling. But the kids pull me in and somehow it works out. Today we went to the "Breakfast with Santa" at the park. Savana was so cute. As Savana and Summer got ready, (Canon had a Cub Scout event to attend) Savana helped Summer make a list of toys she hoped for. Savana wants a stuffed penguin, and Summer wants stuffed pink unicorn. We then headed to the park to meet Santa. When Savana finally made it to Santa's lap, she had the cutest smile. I watched her sit and talk to him, he was a cute Santa that really talked to each kid. She told him what she was hoping for. And he said that he would bring her something special for Christmas and that he loved her. I started to think, what it would be like if I was watching Savana sit on the Savior's lap. With as much as I could tell she felt love from this Santa, and I know she is loved so much more by the Savior and our Heavenly Father. They know her personally. They love and know each of us. And they want to give us good things, just like Santa. It is sometimes hard to remember that. Especially while we are away from them. But I have felt His gifts and know They are there.

No comments:
Post a Comment