I know I don't write much down these days. But I have a few sweet things I need to write down so I can savor them.
Today I went to the gym, as I do most Wednesday mornings. After picking up Lauren from the Kids Care Club, she told me that she found a boy that loves her in there. "Really", I said, "how do you know that he loves you?" "Because he smiled at me, and then I smiled at him." she answered. "I am going to marry him" she announced. "Do you know his name?" "No" she replied. "Well, maybe you should find out his name if you are going to marry him" I suggested. Then, the rest of the way home, in a very dreamy voice, she kept making comments about how she loved him, and that she would find out his name so that she could marry him. So cute!
A couple of other things that I love right now about her are some cute things she says. When we go to the refrigerated room at Costco to get veggies she always states, "Mom, I'm going to be frozen salad in here!" I'm guessing she has heard people say frozen solid, and that's what she understood. Another similar incident was when I accidentally starting closing the automatic van door before she was all the way out. "Mom!" she declared. "You scared the crackers out of me!" Ahh, I love her cuteness. And I know she is going to grow out of those cute funny things all too soon. She hates it when I call her a little girl. She tells me she is almost 5 and she is a big girl. It is true, she is all to quickly becoming too big. All my kids are.
No comments:
Post a Comment