Thursday, January 15, 2009

The Big Big Chair

Well, we made it home after being in Utah for 5 weeks for the holidays. We loved being in Utah, but are happy to be home in our own beds. When we woke Canon up to "fly on the airplane to go home to Daddy in Michigan" he asked about going home to "Mommy's house and the big big chair." It is so interesting to find out what a two year old misses from his house. The big chair is our huge soft rocking chair that we sit in every night to read stories. When we got it, I chose that chair because it looked comfy to nurse in, and I did hope that it would one day become a great place to read stories. But I didn't realize that Canon liked it so much already.

Now that we are back home - it feels good to be here. Being here, I remember the things I do like about it, even though it is COLD. (Tody the high was 7 degrees with -4 being the low, it is sunny, however and there was no wind. The cold weather is somehow not so bad with the sun shining, we just won't be hanging out in the balcony for a little while.) The people here are really friendly, especially to the kids. Canon made friends with the lady at the grocery store who was stocking the yogurt. After a brief conversation about the toys he was going to go look at, he somehow talked her into singing Incy Wincy Spider with him. It was cute.

1 comment:

Haley and James said...

Canon should go into sales...we miss you already!!