
Spring has finally sprung. Yes, the weather has been warming up and the rain has been pouring down, which means all if finally green in Michigan. These pictures are at one of Canon's favorite parks. The "Castle" park as he has so appropriately named it for the wooden play structure that looks like a castle. The pond that Canon, Savana and Seth are standing next to is up next to a cute little pioneer town that is in the park as well. Yea, we wouldn't mind living in a house like the one by the pond.Let's see, what is new with the family. Savana is still not crawling, or rolling or even just getting into the sitting postition from laying down or doing any of that other stuff that most babies like to do to get in trouble. We did take her in for her evaluation with the school district. They asked me if she listens to me when I tell her "no." Yea, I don't have to tell her "no" to anything. She just sits there and shakes her head back and forth with the cutest smile ever! We're trying to encourage her to role around a bit more - bit she is really just content to play with what is within her reach or watch Seth and Canon wrestle. The results of her evaluation were pretty much what I expected. Nothing really wrong, they are just going to give me some exercises to help her strengthen the muscles necessary for crawling and such. Oh well, it was fun to watch her perform all the "age appropriate" tasks. Stuff that I hadn't really ever thought of to do with her. Poor second child.
Canon is becoming a funny little 3 year old. He has started arguing with me about almost everything. Canon: Mom, I want some orange ice cream. Mom: We don't have orange ice cream, we have green ice cream. Canon: Yes, there is, I want the orange ice cream. Or I thought this was kind of funny. Canon: Mom, this is a popsicle (pointing to the bar of soap) Mom: No Canon, that is a bar of soap, if you put it in your mouth, it will be yucky! Canon: Yes it IS a popsicle. Mom: OK - eat it. Canon: No Mom, this isn't a popsicle. Mostly he seems to argue with me about hard facts, like whether it is night time or not or whether the sun is shining or the sky is blue. Crazy kid.
1 comment:
Hooray! A new post. I was getting homesick for you guys. :) I'm glad things are greening up! We went to the Larson's baby blessing and it was lovely. Miss you!
Post a Comment