Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Strawberries!

I've done enough posts about what cute little Savana is not doing, that I wanted to give her a thumbs up for finally deciding that it is OK to feed herself. Yeah!! I do have to leave the room or pretend I'm not looking, or she just wants me to feed her the little pieces instead. I don't blame her, it is a lot of work getting those fat little hands to cooperate. She can gum almost anything now. 11 months and no teeth. Oh well. She has also finally taken over the sippy cup. Double Yeah! It is just nice to know that she is truly getting enough to drink during the day.

2 comments:

Haley and James said...

Aww, she's a cutie. Glad she's starting to become independent. :) Carter just cut his first two teeth so I guess he'll be chewing strawberries in no time. ha ha When are you coming in June?? I want to make sure the dates are blacked out. The Broadbents are in Mexico now so I'll let you know if they get swine flu.

LuAnn said...

I'm sure she'll be caught up to Jack very soon. She has surpassed him in gumming and the sippy. Jack won't attempt either. And as much as I had hoped he'd be an early walker he has made no attempts at that either. Oh well...all we can do is just enjoy them as they are, right...which isn't tough with these little cuties. Savana looks a lot older. We'll be making a b-line D.C. next weekend. I'd like to make a stopover, but can't say for sure if we're doing it all in one day until it happens.