






We made our first apple orchard trip today. We love apple orchards. They are almost always more than just an apple orchard and a lot of fun. The one we went to today with the MOMS Club had a tractor ride to the apple orchard where we picked apples. Then we came back and ate pumpkin donuts with apple cider. After getting sticky enough that the bees were following Canon a little too closely, we escaped to the play area where they had John Deere tricycles. The MOMs Club of Wixom has a lot of boys Canon's age. In fact all the kids that went today were boys age 2 1/2 to 3 1/2. Notice the tricycle traffic jam in the picture above. Savana was the only girl - but that is OK, there are a lot little baby girls her age at church. There were also goats to feed and a hay maze. If it sounds like fall heaven - it is. You should come visit. I included a picture of the donuts and apple cider just to entice everyone a little more. September is the perfect month in Michigan. Still nice and warm, but all the fall stuff is in full swing. True, the leaves haven't quite turned, but there is a taste here and there of fall leaves. I also took the most beautiful drive yesterday to Stake Conference, which is right next to the temple. It is a 40 minute drive along the most beautiful tree lined streets and some of the most amazing houses, all lined up along the lakes. After that, you could swing down to Kirtland OH for a day and take in the church sites. Sounds like fun, huh? Just book your stay early at the Grant Bed and Breakfast!
4 comments:
I'd like to book a night soon. It would be fun to come before Halloween so we could take all the kids to a pumpkin patch/apple orchard. But Jeff is still travelling this week so I need a little more time to think about going anywhere. I love the tractor picture.
Where is Jeff traveling to or from? Is he still working in DC?
Wow, I so wish I was there right now! Put me down for a week next September!
Someday we'll make it out there! Until then, love the pictures!
Post a Comment