
Along with all of our spring weather, we've been enjoying . . . ok, tolerating the abundance of geese in our area. I first thought they were pretty cool. But now that they have babies and are even more aggressive than usual, they scare me a bit. Seth thinks I'm crazy - but I've been known to change my running route - to avoid having to chase a couple of geese off the side walk. They use to just kind of waddle out of the way - but they are standing their ground more right now and then they open their mouths and kind of hiss at you. I'm really not willing to call their bluff. I'm not sure what they will do to me. :) I'm sure as the eggs all hatch and the babies grow up - they will go back to just slowly waddling out of the way.This morning there was a pleasant surprise on our pond. Two big swans have taken up residence. I hope they stay all summer. It seems when the swans are around, the geese move out of the way. Which also probably explains why we only see a few ducks. There are way too many geese, and the geese move them out of the way. Perhaps the game Duck Duck Goose was invented by Michiganders. (Yes, that is what they (we?) are called. Maybe like a gander of geese?) Now I know why the Goose is the one who chases! Maybe I will start playing Goose Goose Swan with Canon in hopes that it will bring more swans to our pond. Anyway - I thought they were kind of cool. As the geese and swans were dipping their heads under the water, Canon asked if they were washing their hair.
3 comments:
That's actually kind of how I feel around your cat.
Don't worry - she only makes you bleed for a little bit. Then she will come and snuggle. Until she is done snuggling, then she will bite you.
Just kidding . . . you just need to get to know her :) Maybe I need to get to know the geese. But I probably won't try. I was thinking they should add that to the test of weather you can actually call yourself a "Michigander." "Are you afraid of Geese?" I actually stopped running once and let an older lady who was on a walk pass me so she could clear the goose out of the way for me. I know deep down they are not going to kill me, but I'm still afraid of them.
Post a Comment